Anti-hypertensive:Serpina is a single-ingredient formulation for the management of mild to moderate hypertension. The drug depletes peripheral catecholamine (noradrenaline) stores, which results in a reduction of blood pressure. Serpina decreases the adrenergic tone and controls anxiety, and is therefore beneficial in the treatment of anxiety disorders as well.
- Mild to moderate hypertension
Rauwolfia (Sarpagandha)is a pungent smelling herb, which is a potent anti-hypertensive. Its Sanskrit name,Sarpagandha, literally translates to 'smells like a serpent'. Reserpine, an active compound found in Rauwolfia, renders the herb its antihypertensive property. Its anti-hypertensive activity is attributed to a decrease in peripheral resistance and the resulting decrease in cardiac output.
Directions for use:
Please consult your physician to prescribe the dosage that best suits the condition.
Available as a tablet.
Serpina is not known to have any side effects if taken as per the prescribed dosage.
Did you know?
- Serpina is the world's first natural anti-hypertensive drug.
- It is also the first drug to be launched by The Himalaya Drug Company in 1934.
- Serpina is credited with several research papers and clinical trials conducted over the past eighty years.
For information on clinical researchClick here
The information on this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat your problem without consulting your doctor.
Himalaya Herbals Serpina, 100tab
- Brand: Himalaya Herbals
- Product Code: Himalaya Herbals Serpina, 100tab
- Availability: In Stock